Looking for an exciting position in the pet care industry?
We are always looking for dynamic, caring and trustworthy pet lovers to join
our expanding team. If you love to spend time outdoors, are a self-starter, and
are able to work independently and manage a changing schedule, this is the
job for you!
We are always accepting applications from candidates but we will only hire
those who can uphold our very high standards of service. Our hiring process
can take anywhere from one to two months (as we do not want to rush this
process). Unfortunately, we can’t interview or meet with everyone, and will be
thorough in finding the next good “fit” for our team. If you think that might be
you, please read through the following job description for more information!
How We Work:
We have found that this type of work is great as a permanent part time position
or for someone looking to supplement his or her current income.
There is a lot of flexibility:
- Flexible Hours -- you decide what hours of availability you have each
day. The more hours of availability you have, the more opportunity we
will have to give you more visits.
- Flexible Days -- you are an independent contractor and decide which
days you work.
- Daily Dog Scheduling -- The Daily Dog position is a more consistent
schedule. Our “Daily Dog” walking services are typically performed
Monday through Friday between the hours of 10am-4pm. (We do
strongly prefer candidates for the Daily Dog position who are at least
available during our busiest time frame: 11am-3pm.)
- Walkers choose their preference of how many 25-minute pet visits
a day they do.
- Typically, we will start out walkers with a shorter route and build
up the route as we are able and as the walker is comfortable.
- Once you have an established “route”, you work with the same
group of dogs on a weekly basis (though each day can differ) and
you can count on how much work you will have.
- Most of our current walkers complete between 4-8 visits daily.
- After Hours, Cat-sitting, or Weekend scheduling -- We schedule fill-in
walkers, after-hours visits, and cat care on an as-needed basis,
meaning that the amount of visits you do each week most likely will be
- We prefer that you live within 10-15 minutes of one of our service areas
(Evanston, Wilmette, Kenilworth) and that you own a reliable, insured
- You need to be at least 21 years old, able to pass a
background/criminal check, and have at least 3 references.
- You need to have: (1) a computer with access to the internet, (2) access
to a printer, (3) a working smartphone that can use our software app,
and that has texting capabilities.
- You need to be able to handle the physical requirements of the position:
(For the Daily Dog position, for example, walking dogs for 2-6 hours per
day -- you choose the amount-- and handling animals of varying sizes.)
- Successful candidates will be looking for a long-term position. We rarely
hire for temporary or seasonal help.
- You must be observant of behavior in pets, and are able to handle
emergency situations with a calm, cool head.
- You must be comfortable learning new computer software and
- You must have superb time management and organizational skills, and
should be able to follow very detailed written instructions.
- You must be comfortable with cleaning up accidents, picking up poop,
and handling dogs that may have very little obedience training or who
might tug/pull on a leash.
- You must be willing to work in any type of weather and be extremely
reliable and dedicated. Calling out last minute is only acceptable in
- And of course, we expect that you love animals! You don't have to have
any animal work experience, but we find it helpful if you've had pets of
your own before.